Bend Me, Shape Me

I apologize to those with a paw fetish.

I apologize for riling up those of you with a paw fetish.

Anyone who has seen squirrels at play knows they are incredible athletes with graceful sqturday squirrel logobodies capable of death defying scrambles and leaps from heights that would give you vertigo.  Their little furry sciurine packages are also quite flexible, as you can see above with this guy.  He has an itch in a place he can only scratch with his teeth, and since they don’t make Cruex for squirrels, he has to lift his leg high up to get his muzzle down there.  I captured him in this pretzel form with arm over leg, and foot at the same level as his hand.  He looks like a cute little contortionist!

This is also the same squirrel I featured last week with the prehensile tail!  Not many critters can get the honor of being the Saturday Squirrel two weeks in a row!

On the seventh anniversary of the day Evil Squirrel was created, I wish you all a great weekend!

This entry was posted in Saturday Squirrel and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Bend Me, Shape Me

1. that’s amazing… we should have a competition… who is the human who can do that too? ( but we better ask our health insurance before we start)

Amazing. Such talent. I’ve watched the purr things do these weird positions as well. Dude, I couldn’t put my back leg over my other back leg let alone over my head these days. Darn this pot-belly! Snorts and rolls with piggy laughter. XOXO – Bacon

• I think our legs were designed to stay at the bottom of our bodies. We shouldn’t even pay attention to these showoffs… one of these days, they just might get stuck that way!

• PigLove says:

Ha! I would pay in animal crackers to see the purr thing here Hemi get stuck. He is forever showing off by throwing his front leg over his head to touch his badlands. Snorts. XOXO – Bacon

3. Happy Anniversary. Do I get to say the immortal words of an old cigarette advertisement from the 1960s? “You’ve come a long way, baby!”

4. JackieP says:

Happy 7 year anniversay! Here’s to another year of being squirrelly! 😉

Wow. happy seventh birthday to ES!

Happy 7th birthday, thanks for the horrible earworm!

7. Seven years of wit and cuteness. And a squirrel checking out his nuts!

8. I live with a VERY enthusiastic gymnast and his friends visit and it it is all triple back flip walking handstands wherever I look. Kind of like giant squirrels really. 😀
    Happy 7th anniversary. 😀