Evil Squirrel’s Nest Comic #170 — 7/30/15

Image | This entry was posted in Comics and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Evil Squirrel’s Nest Comic #170 — 7/30/15

1. Wow. A dial telephone. Wow. That old familiar sound. Wow.

A squirrel in a Speedo. Yup, seen everything now.

3. Merbear74 says:

I wonder who would answer if I dialed 867-5309?

Love the Rainbow Brite garb!

5. fanrosa says:

Okay, I had to read it twice because the ‘tendo remote did not give me any clue that was the 80s. I might have a problem….

Meanwhile I was going to chide you for being OCD on having the number of your chickas match the number. Then I realized that I had actually counted them, and scrapped that plan.

And hadn’t the chicka chickas been replaced by the beep beep beeps by then?

• I just used a random number of chickas for each number, just making sure I had a valid prefix. I know rotary phones were still in common use in the 80’s… or maybe that just says something about hoe backwards we are in GC. We even had one of those stupid pulse phones that had the keys like a touchtone phone, but still sent pulses when you dialed. I never got the point of those…

“Gag me with a spoon!” Hadn’t thought of that saying in years. Like since the ’80s. Also, your chick chickas bring back wistful memories from those times. I miss rotary dial phones.

7. JackieP says:

Love the cartoon!
    I saw this on facebook and just had to show you, or tell you about it. 🙂

You’ll like it!

• We have a white squirrel town not far from where I live. I stopped by there a few years ago on my way home from Detroit… didn’t realize they had them all locked up in a park to keep them from moving on. I haven’t had the desire to try to return because there’s something about that situation that doesn’t sit well with me. I also avoid the zoo….

• JackieP says:

Yeah, I understand. I don’t do zoo’s either, because I hate seeing all those animals locked up. Same reason I don’t go to humane shelters, just tears me apart. But this guy is a cutey! I’ve never seen a white one before in real life….

• Me neither… but until a few days ago, I’d never seen a possum, so you never know! I’m going to keep a lookout…

8. I like the subtlety of the Cosby joke

9. OMG. Mr. Huxtable. And he thought everyone would remember him for his sweaters.

10. omg that was exactly the sound of the phones :o) how great that you even honored the aquanet-hairstyle …it was hard work to style your hair till it looked un-stailed :o)

Ah, back when phones were phones and women with huge hair wore neon spandex…

Is your use of the clever pseudonym “Huxtable” an attempt not to get sued when they decide all the accusations are just some horrific mistake? 🙂

Oh WOW! Cool beans. Here’s a question for you. What if you called Jenny at that number but it was really Stacy’s mom? Wrap your brain around that one for a while my evil friend. ❤ Houdini

I love all the little extras – 867-5309 and “what was in that drink Mr. Huxtable?” Very funny!

• Thanks! I wish I had come up with this idea earlier so I could have added even more extras… but I got some good ones in anyway given how late I was at finishing it.

14. subtle as a sledgy! first laugh I’ve had at that situation and it did me good! I always say “you can laugh or cry so why not laugh?” Mr H turned out to be a disappointment but then I have been disappointed before and know what to do. and dont call me Shirley! 😀
    Rainbow D is sooo purty!