Evil Squirrel’s Nest Comic #180 — 10/8/15

Image | This entry was posted in Comics and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Evil Squirrel’s Nest Comic #180 — 10/8/15

1. every rose has thorns :o) I’ve got a yucca palm from my insurance once for joining their die-t campaign… and egg-sactly their darned palm beast landed in my eye, fortunately the eye-doc could glue it… hope Robbie’s eye doc has enough super glue too :o)

2. gh0stpupp3t says:

Love this. I like your art.

LOL! I thought the safety unicorn looked awfully pointy and dangerous. Leave it to management to make things more dangerous!

• Can you tell what I think about safety incentives and procedures? I almost broke my neck one time tripping over an orange warning cone near a soda fountain. I did a gag once about the Purple Unicorn… awarded to those who get injured in the name of safety!

Well, it just goes to show you, awards are never all that they’re cracked up to be. Even cute unicorn ones!

5. Quirky Girl says:

Five years without an accident, and he gets done in by a killer unicorn award. Lmao!

Safety first, or last. Whichever the case may be. 😀

• Safety seems to be all about enforcing whatever the federal/state/company regulations are, whether those actually encourage safety or not. I see just as many people get hurt practicing “safety” as I do those who don’t. I’ll probably have to come up with a list of safety regulations for this blog one day, which will probably require all of my critters to get declawed and dehorned!

6. Blue62 says:

Having just passed the same milestone at my company, I can vouch, that for the most dangerous industry in North America, we don’t run the risk of getting jabbed with lame ‘awards’

….they just ignore us.

Nothing breeds safety like safety. Or something. I’ve been at my job for going on 15 years, I wonder what that says about me…

• I personally admire people who can stick to a certain job for a long period of time, no matter what it is. That’s coming from someone who’s less than 1,000 days away from getting a gaudy 20 year certificate and pin to add to the rest of the service award junk Mecca’s given me…

Yeeks! With all the talk of “safety” I was waiting for something to happen and wasn’t disappointed! I like “servitude” rather than “service” 🙂

9. Piglove says:

Snorts with piggy laughter. Yeah, that’s okay. I’ll just be runner up. XOXO – Bacon

10. It beats out the ever-popular “Thank you for your many years of service. The company is going in a different direction and we will not longer need your services.” Good one!!!

11. HaHa! Oh yes safety paperwork is so very important compared to actual paperwork. Also ES stay away from that pool. Oolana will get you. ❤

12. reocochran says:

Last year at my warehouse I got a black t-shirt with orange, yellow and white Harley kind of symbol printed up along with the hundreds of others who work here, “270 Days Safe” along with Advance Auto on the back. I liked it well enough, shows no dirt from the work. Anyway, this year we got a coupon worth seriously, $1.80 for our food vending machines apiece. It is called 3 Bravo Points. One bravo point is obviously worth 60 cents. I demand a t-shirt! Liked the punchline in your comic and well designed, too. 🙂 🙂 🙂

• A T-shirt would seem like a much safer safety prize…. unless it were made with a material that made everyone break out in hives. Or was one of those garments they like to stick random pins in at the factory. I’ve gotten stabbed by unseen pins in clothes way too many times!

13. I was going to comment but I see my kid already did! 😉

14. Reblogged this on SERENDIPITY and commented:
    I thought we all might need a laugh this morning. I loved this one, because I remember working in a steel factory and being forced to wear steel toed shoes that always made me fall on my face. Safety first!

15. Oh, the joys of health and safety!!