Evil Squirrel’s Nest Comic #199 — 2/18/16

Image | This entry was posted in Comics and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Evil Squirrel’s Nest Comic #199 — 2/18/16

1. goldfish says:

Do I spy a pegasus hugging a dog?

2. Totally love this! My granddaughter once asked my son if he could just spank her and PLEASE skip the lecture. She got a double-length lecture. Take THAT!

Taking away a kid’s phone is just ridulous and makes absolutely no sense, according to my 16-year-old. I think he would gladly paddle himself hard enough to leave welts if it meant he didn’t lose his phone for a couple of days!

I love all the little extras in the background of this one!

• It’s definitely the cruelest punishment that can be doled out these days! They should try it at school as well. I had so much unused background space in this one, that I dug in to a lot of my older graphics to fill up the emptiness. Heck, I had to dig back to a three year old comic to swipe that Justin Beaver poster… which one would think just adds to the punishment of the time out chair!

• Trisha says:

I wouldn’t mind getting a better look at Justin Beaver but sitting in a corner with a poster of the real thing would definitely add to the punishment!

4. Merbear74 says:

My mom used my dads belt…ah, memories.

5. dragonsashes says:

Justin Beaver. *gigglesnorts*

6. Haw Haw! So funny and true. Shane thought it was funny too. Now kids get “no screen time” and “Listen to my lecture”!!! Bored into goodness. 😦

The wooden spoon was a good choice for my mom…til it broke over my sister’s ass. Then came the groundings.

• With my parents always working odd hours and five of us kids causing all kinds of chaos, the due process system in my house was always speedy and efficient. If it was handy, it was fair game for doling out swift justice. And I hold no grudges because I’d have probably done the same in their place…

8. “Time out” sure has changed over the years……taking away all forms of communication works now, but back in my prehistoric youth (ahem), it was the spank/isolation in room thing. Ahhh…..those were the good old days………

Pam

9. The Cutter says:

Taking away electronics is like cutting off a limb

Years ago I remember a friend talking about the cruelest punishment she could inflict on her kids was NO SCREENS! And that was before smart phones. I take delight in knowing that I grew up without screens around all the time, consider myself tougher than today’s kids. Bore me all you want, you won’t win.

These newfangled punishments go on and on for hours. Poor Erin 😦
    Hee “Justin Beaver”!
    After Goldfish’s comment I went back and spotted the pegasus hugging the dog 🙂

12. Yup, being without toys is definite punishment. Or an incentive to get jobs done around the house – you can have your chargers/power cords back for your devices when you have finished x, y and z!