You Make The Call

He's cute... the rest is up to you.

He’s cute… the rest is up to you.

Many of the photos in my lost archives I’ve been digging through the last week or so are sqturday squirrel logosquirrel pictures.  The overwhelming majority of these pics were not worthy enough for Saturday Squirrel fame…. but there were a few overlooked gems that slipped through the cracks.  Here’s one I took along the walking trail sometime in the Fall of 2012 of a squirrel perched atop a fence post.  This was one of those photos where I was able to come up with several different potential spins on for a blog post… and that’s usually when I decide to just turn over the creativity and comedy writing to my readers.

So…. what’s up with this squirrel?  What’s he doing, and if you were to tell a story about this photo, how would it go?  Feel free to let your imagination run wild in the comment section!

I can't wait to hear all of your answers!

I can’t wait to hear all of your answers!

Have a great Spring weekend everyone!

This entry was posted in Saturday Squirrel and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to You Make The Call

1. Tempting to concoct a story about “being on the fence” regarding some issue – or “taking a leap of faith” but I haven’t had nearly enough caffeine this morning to think of a whole entire STORY. Perhaps if I perk up later……..will be fun to read the responses from those who don’t have “creativity block” at this time of day though!

Pam the Caffeine-deprived (depraved?)

• It doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere soon, so he may still be sitting there when the caffeine does kick in. Maybe that’s the squirrel’s thinking spot and he’s got brain constipation as well!

2. I bet this squirrel wants to be in the post sitting competitions they have in germany…the rekord is 196 days… imagine that… that are a lot of post posts :o)

• I remember reading about post sitting when I was a kid (It was supposedly big in the US as well about 100 years ago). That didn’t even make sense to my immature mind at the time… so I still think those people were nuts!

Bushy looked over at the stump that was 5 boards over and wondered if that was a squirrel he once knew. As he was about to make a leap, his legs grew numb. His last thought was, “how can I warn the future squirrels?”…sorry…dark humor.

4. Merbear74 says:

Scratching his ass? I have no idea, but he is cute.

5. The squirrel is strutting his stuff on the fence “catwalk” to the tune of “I’m too sexy for this……post!”

6. Maybe he just wants his post to get many likes on Facebook?

He’s trying to work out which way to vote but can’t make up his mind. Sitting on the fence – get it? Humph.

8. He’s definitely casing the joint. Looking for some loot. What loot? I don’t know. You’d have to ask the squirrel!

9. Charles the squirrel couldn’t take it anymore. Every TV in every house was blaring out the USA election news. It was all his friends ever talked of anymore. Quietly he scampered away and positioned himself so he couldn’t see in any windows and his tiny but powerful ears couldn’t pick up any talk. To his horror he looked down and saw some buddies painting “squirrel’s lives matter” on tiny picket signs. I’ve finally lost it thought Charles……I really need some nuts!

10. chattykerry says:

Nothing…squirrels’ brains are very small. 🙂

I think he sees a female squirrel and he’s thinking, “ah, nuts! That’s the chick I knocked up last spring. What do I do? This is so awkward! Maybe if I hold really still she won’t see me.”

12. He’s high on weed and working up the nerve to go speak to that boxy squirrel…and then he makes his move?

13. Rhio says:

He’s a secret agent squirrel, and he’s on a mission to spy. 00Squirrel.