The Week After

tired es and hottie

I’m four days into my first week back from my nice 10 day vacation.  Anytime I take a random rantweek off, I always lag during the first week back… dragging myself to bed much earlier in the morning than usual.  This week, however, has been even worse in no small part due to Mother Nature and human nature…

Yes, you noticed I didn’t have time to post anything Sunday or Monday… even though I did have ideas to post about.  And now Tuesday, when I usually reminisce about old commercials…. nope, ain’t happening today.  I’m headed to bed.  Maybe tomorrow if I’m more up to it… maybe not until next week.

Slacker!

Slacker!

With almost a foot of snow on the ground, and sub-zero temperatures over most of the last 36 hours, nobody has wanted to show up for work.  I was one of six hearty souls (counting management!) who came in Sunday night… last night, we were up to a whole whopping 11, still half of what we’d normally have, and need to get the work done.  The store is still a disaster from the weekend, since everyone was shopping Saturday to buy 6 months worth of supplies to ride out a goddamn snowstorm.  What the fuck is wrong with people!?!?!?

Take me to your milk, bread, and toilet paper!!!

Take me to your milk, bread, and toilet paper!!!

And since Mecca’s grocery warehouse that serves us is in the middle of Bumfuck, Illinois… miles from the nearest interstate, they haven’t been able to deliver our scheduled trucks the last two nights… much of which is freight for my area I stock.  So when that finally all drops on us, probably tonight, it’s going to be downright hell trying to get through three nights worth of detergent and paper products… especially since about 8 billion rolls of toilet paper left our store over the weekend, and our ordering system probably went haywire trying to get us restocked….

Oh boy... my night's work is here.

Oh boy… my night’s work is here.

Yeah… so I’m gonna make sure I get a good day’s sleep… just in case there’s 50 hours worth of work that needs to be done tonight.  I also apologize for not keeping up on everyone’s blogs… I dabbled a bit this morning, but pretty much anything posted Sunday or Monday has been missed by me.  I apologize, and if there’s anything you really think I should take a look at, please point it out to me…. after I wake up!

Good night! ZZZZzzzz

Good night! ZZZZzzzz

This entry was posted in Random Rants and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to The Week After

Happy (temporary) hibernation, ES.

Rest well ES.

3. Twindaddy says:

Gotta love the Mecca. Sigh…

4. reocochran says:

Oh, I want to stay inside with my pajamas on, but unfortunately, I have to get off the library chair, go out into the bitter cold, sit in the bitter cold car and wait until my thermostat reads above zero to put it into “drive!” I love that adorable and chubby squirrel up there hanging on for dear life!

• At least I don’t have to worry about falling out of a tree when I sleep! I agree on wishing I could stay inside, but I like to get paid. And my car enjoys being started on mornings when it’s five below zero!

Take care, ES – we’ll be here. Mainly because it’s too damn cold to be anywhere else.

6. pishnguyen says:

Here’s hoping you’re able to get a good rest before having to head back to work for more craziness. We’ll all be here waiting for you whenever you’re able to get back to blogging. 🙂

7. This is what happens when mindless machines — computers — are allowed to run things. Hope it works out better than you fear.

• Well, I could miss it entirely if it all comes in Wednesday and Thursday… but then again, I’m not sure if I really want that either since I’m the only one I trust to do things right!

8. dogfordavid says:

Hope you were able to get the rest you need. And I hope more show up tonight to help so it’s not such a heavy workload.

As far as keeping up with your blog, no worries on that. We (your readers) will all be here still once you have had the time to rest and get past the craziness the storm has caused you at work. : )

9. The moment there is a change of any kind it is “panic buying” “Quick!, get down to the shops, they might all disappear!” 🙂

• And the reason they’ll all disappear is because everyone is going down to the shop! It’s worst with gas… anytime something happens that cause people to think there will be gas shortages or a price increase, people rush to the pumps to fill up…. which itself creates shortages and price spikes! When will people learn?

Boo 🙂
    Good luck with the madness.

11. Excellent 😀 Sleep is good for the mind.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )