Prizes and awards!?!? YAY!!!!1
OK, the prizes are what you can win if you enter the contest I announced last week. I’ve already received a handful of excellent submissions, and you still have two weeks to get yours in. What, did you miss this awesome announcement? Click here to see the contest, and view the entries via the pingbacks in the comments of that post! Happy creating!
As for the awards… yes, it’s time for me to tie up some loose ends on that front. You know how much I normally roll my eyes at blogging awards… blah blah blah, boohoo you anti-social squirrel! Well, I’ve had a few interesting ones come my way lately that I haven’t collected on my sidebar yet, so let’s start with the most recent nomination….
Tri Girl, who should win an award for having the longest blog name, made me one of her nominees for The Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you very much for passing this along to me! The rules for the VBA…
- Display the award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who nominated you.
- Present 15 deserving Bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post seven things about yourself.
I shall take care of this later… but until then, let’s look at the next award!
Draliman was kind enough to bestow this award on me, even if it did make me (ACHOO!) sniffle a bit. Thank you for the lovely flowers, Draliman… of course, knowing his dark sense of humor, they may be deadly poppies from Ozzzz.zz….ZZZZZZZZ
Huh? Oh, where was I? Oh, the rules for the FOFA…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Place the award on your blog
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and write a little something about why you would give these bloggers “A Field Of Flowers”
- Let your nominees know that you nominated them
Again, we shall take care of this later on in this post. Moving right along….
Bacon from PigLove nominated me for this award a few weeks ago! Thank you my piggy pal! This rule is great in that there are no hoops to jump through, you just have to nominate 6 other bloggers for it. Yes, we’ll get back to that later. Next up…
Robin from Witless Dating recently nominated me for The Sunshine Award! Thank you very much! The rules for the Sunshine Award are…
- Display the award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 10 deserving bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link to the awardees and let them know of the nomination.
- List 10 interesting things about yourself.
OK, that’s all for those awards… so, being the efficient and practical squirrel that I am, I am going to satisfy the requirements for all four of these awards with one set of interesting facts and nominees! I am so clever and
10 Interesting Facts About Me/ES:
1. I have never seen the ocean.
2. The most money I have ever won at a casino ($1,250) came my way because I sat down at the wrong slot machine (I had intended to play a different one).
3. I was once stopped by a homeless man who wanted to sell me a tampon.
4. Among the foods I don’t like: popular items like pizza, hot dogs, and chileh!
5. Some of the things I
hoard collect besides critter figurines/plushes… ID cards, pin on buttons, business cards, gas receipts, souvenir cups, pens, and keychains.
6. Squirrels need their front teeth, but I have been one incisor short since an accident I had when I was 10 years old.
7. The one and only airline I have ever flown on has been out of business now for 13 years.
8. I like food that is burnt. Not well done…. burnt!
9. I advertise my blog on Baseball-Reference’s page for one of my favorite ballplayers… Craig Paquette!
10. The one and only major US holiday I have worked every single year I’ve been employed is… ironically enough, Labor Day!
And now, I shall choose 15 nominees, who are my nominees for all four of these awards above, and say a few nice thing about them, if I can think of any….
Alice – She of the sarcastic takes on Disney movies, Sim clown murderer, and evil genius behind the Sparklepony I now treasure.
The Cutter – Because anyone who would do a post ranking each and every post in their 42 day posting streak deserves four awards, that’s why!
Dog For David – One of the most dedicated and loving mothers I have ever known, she blogs about autism and her adventures with her two sons David and Joshua.
Draliman – Yes, he gave me one of the awards above, but the master of dark fiction deserves a nod for the other three as well!
Gentlestitches – Talented amigurumist from Down Under, and one of my longest and loyalest followers who I lovingly call Aunt Sharon.
Grandmalin – I love her Just Jazzy cartoons, as well as the sens of humor she puts into each post.
KS Beth – Another lady with a sweet sense of humor, often with cute life observations from the young, and always with an apropos quotation.
Mental in the Midwest – Holy flying squirrels!
Merbear – Of course, I couldn’t leave my classic ad loving, Beatles obsessed Merby out. I think she likes me or something…
Not A Punk Rocker – A woman of fine, varied musical taste, radical fashion, and a fellow introvert. And usually the first to comment on my posts!
PigLove – Bacon gets nominated for the other three awards I have listed here. Lots of fun stuff at this piggy’s site, and you’ve got to check it out for yourself!
Serendipity – Her blog has many fascinating things, including a lot of original photography. Plus, I have to reward anyone who would compare my cute comic critters to Pogo!
Squirrel Picnic – Jennifer’s another super talented crocheter that I am blessed to know! You can see her best work on my sidebar!
StuphBlog – This nomination goes out to Twindaddy and Jaded, both of whom frequently comment on my blog.
Vampire Maman – Juliette weaves such wonderful stories centered around the lives of the modern vampire family. She is also one of my biggest fans and promoters of my blog.
Oh… and let’s take care of some long unfinished business………..
A long, looong, looooooooooooooooong time ago, namely last June, Merby bestowed this odd award on me. The Fruitcake Award rules, per Merby’s post:
1. Thank the person. (Check.)
2. Display the award proudly for all to see. (Yup.)
3. Link back to the person who sent it to you. (Got it.)
4. Choose one lucky reader to accept (or not) this quite silly award.
5. See what bizarre things you can get them to do. Examples: Eat a whole jar of peanut butter, sing the theme song to “The Brady Bunch” while in your underwear, do cartwheels in your yard, give a random person a smack on the ass, or get a unicorn tattoo on your pelvis.
6. Watch your back, because this is by far the most pointless award on WordPress like ever. There is a good chance the person you send it to will tell you to fuck off. So be very careful, and choose your victim wisely.
Since this award was only passed on to one blogger at a time, I felt a little wrong not accepting and passing it along right away. But I procrastinated, and hemmed and hawed, and fiddled and farted around… Merby kept trying to coax me to just give the award back to her. I was too lazy to even do that!
Well, the time has finally come to move this little slice of heaven along. There is someone I neglected to include in my list of 15 nominees above who fits the criteria for this aware quite well. And I’m going to ignore the Rule 5, because she is perfectly capable of doing enough crazy shit on her own. Ladies and gentlemen, my nominee for the long stale Fruitcake Award is…..
She has the coolest goat in the known universe!
She wipes her nose on squirrel tails!
She is one of only three bloggers who have ever been given their own ES character!
She loves Jar Jar Binks! (YAY!)
She has about fifteen different colors in her hair, naturally!
Oh, and she dances on police cars! (Have I ever mentioned that before? 😉 )
She is both awesomesauce and completely nutty, and the perfect recipient for The Fruitcake Award! Congratulations C.K., and see if you can take less than 8 months to pass this along to the next worthy blogger!