1,001 Uses For A Stick

With this stick, I can take over the world!

With this stick, I can take over the world!

Squirrels are very creative and ingenuitive little critters.  They solve difficult practical sqturday squirrel logoproblems every day that would make the most intelligent man hide behind his PhD.  Their drive and desire to use any means possible to achieve their goals is a trait we humans could learn a lot from.

Here we see a picture of a squirrel from my backyard holding out a stick in his paws.  It may seem like a common ordinary discarded twig to you and I that is good for nothing but maybe putting in the fireplace.  But to our squirrel here, you can just tell he’s got some truly imaginative idea for implementing this rudimentary tool he found.  You can just see the inquisitive look on his face as he ponders a use for that stick that we never would have thought of in a million years.

Is it going to be a fishing pole?

catfishing (2)

A baseball bat?

blaze and sulphur

A cane?

blind

An oar?

love in venice

A….. um, shit stirrer?

pot stirring

Whatever it might be, we can rest assured that today’s Saturday Squirrel is going to put that little stick to good use!  Well, unless his intentions are evil, and we know that sometimes, on rare occasions, squirrels can be somewhat mischievous….

You can quit knocking those apples out of the tree any time, squirrel!

You can quit knocking those apples out of the tree any time, squirrel!

Have an imaginative weekend!

This entry was posted in Saturday Squirrel and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to 1,001 Uses For A Stick

Conducting a bird orchestra?

I never know what the little dudes are thinking. I saw one hanging off a muffler hose, on my neighbor’s car, at my apartment complex. Didnt see a stick though. What on earth was he thinking…

3. Lynda says:

It’s his magic wand to make more nuts to bury now, and a diviner’s rod for later so he can find them all again. 😉

Pretty sure the squirrels here are wishing they knew the secret of fire – it’s only 13 degrees and that stick would be nice on a little bonfire in the back yard.

5. gentlestitches says:

The squirrel is enchanting and does indeed look contemplative. Thank you wishing us an imaginative weekend. I awoke this morning with tiny little idea for a cartoon strip. As you know I love cartoons but this is my first idea for a whole cereal strip. 🙂

6. Sir Squirrel is practicing his parry. En garde!

“A um…shit stirrer.” That made me laugh… 🙂
    It’s way too early here for a witty comment, lol.

That squirrel looks so cute and industrious dragging away his new treasure.
    Wouldn’t it be great to attach a little camera to a squirrel (as long as it didn’t hurt him of course) just to see what they get up to all day 🙂

9. thysleroux says:

Love the drawings!! 🙂

10. “Speak softly and carry a big stick”. Speaking of “fishing”,you might enjoy the following link http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5snli_banzai-squirrel-fishing_fun

11. Aw, he’s soooo cute! Our university is littered with the little buggers. They will walk right up to you, stand on your foot and just wait, like, um, food? Any time now. I could see one armed with a stick if necessary.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )