Evil Squirrel’s Nest Comic #119 — 8/7/14

Cartoon Craziness Challenge – Week 5

This week’s theme was happiness.  Cellphones don’t make me happy, so says the guy with the eight year old model that was designed by Alexander Graham Bell.  Now, picking on nomophobes does make me quite happy!  However, for my official addition to this comic to satisfy the theme of this week’s CCC…. well, if you can’t find it, shame on you!  Happiness is Puppies on a Roll!

And yes, I realize I didn’t actually draw that…. but I certainly did draw the first and third variations! 😉

This entry was posted in Comics and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Evil Squirrel’s Nest Comic #119 — 8/7/14

I never knew there was such a thing as nomophobia. *twitch*

One of Mecca’s competitors was selling Charmin by the fluid ounce. I took a picture to make fun of the nasty Charmin bears and saw it. Then I realized I was actually planning to write a post on toilet paper and had to stop and ask WTF I was thinking.

• I didn’t know nomophobia wasn’t more commonly known, or I’d have linked it back to my “Cellageddon” post I did way back in the days when nobody was reading my blog (Sparky’s ashamed of me regardless!)

Charmin by the fluid ounce, huh? That sounds a little pre-used….

2. yay for that hero :o) I once dropped my necklace in the toilet…. and I thought it’s better to flush that thingy before I go on deep-sea diving…. uhoh!

3. My cell phone is…a phone. My life does not depend on it (thank goodness because it’s usually dead) and if it went deep-sea diving, I wouldn’t fall apart. But I know others who would require pyschiatric help. Good job! Like the rainbow pony tissue,,,,was that the extra? Or am I shameful (Hubby says I’m shameless but that’s another story…:-)

4. I mean…Rainbow Donkey! (I see the other “variations”). I haven’t had any caffeine yet and I’m functioning on 3 hours sleep. Forgive me?!?!

OMP!! Pictures on Facebook get posted first – regardless of the situation – snorts. XOXO – Bacon

• Yes, the pictures must be posted! Just like when that stupid kid tried to take the selfie with the squirrel, and his mom broke out her phone to get the picture of it attacking him before actually helping the kid!

Holy moly! Never head of nomophobia before. I’m looking at my little flip phone [that pre-dates yours] and wondering where I’ve gone wrong in this world. To me, a phone is just a phone. I am so out of it.

• I used to hate ANY cell phone, but now I do kinda like my flip phone because it is so obsolete, it draws oohs and aahs! It has the orange Cingular man on the cover, making it a true classic!

Haha…I would never do that. Really, I wouldn’t. (I might.)

8. I’m STILL laughing. I can actually see my granddaughter or one of her friends doing that 🙂

• Yep, as much as I intended this as an exaggeration, I’ll bet there are those who’d do a whole lot worse to not lose contact with their cellphone! It’s like watching people hooked on some kind of dangerous drug… just seeing what the addiction does is more than enough reason for me to never want any part of their world!

9. fanrosa says:

Buster on my toilet roll would give me nightmares. I would probably develop a phobia and just switch to Depends.

Don’t get too excitedly about your flip phone, they still sell them. My mother was forced by technology to get a new phone and insisted on a flip phone. I think cost more than my fancy new phablet did…..

• LOL! We have you taken care of in that regard too with “possum pull ups” (That was a real set of search terms someone used to find my blog once)

Oh, I know flip phones are still on the market…. my Dad got a new one not too long ago. But among the non-geriatric crowd, me and my antique are so fucking special!

10. Haha! I just realized that the changing pictures on the Charmin and the changing signs and everything in your comics are starting to look like hallucinations. I think you might need to send all your characters to rehab. It’s getting intense. 😀

11. HaHa! Too funny. Just what I needed an ES toon fix! My work pager slipped from my skirt pocket and hit the loo just as I hit flush years ago (pre Shane). I was MORTIFIED as it disappeared forever. All I could think of was how I would explain it to my boss? Would she think I did it on purpose? She was quite nice about it actually even though they cost a small fortune. 😦

• Pagers…. now there’s a flashback! And they were almost the perfect size to go down the hole as well. I wonder how much technology has literally been flushed down the toilet all across the world…

I admit my cellphone goes with me everywhere…except the bathroom and bedroom. People insist so they know I’m still alive. I hear people talking on theirs while doing their business and I wish the phones would fall in. No one needs to hear that.

• It annoys the heck out of me to hear cell phone conversations where nobody should be hearing cell phone conversations! We have people at work who go to the bathroom just to use their cellphones since they aren’t allowed to have them out on the salesfloor. This comic was dedicated to those who can’t go one single waking minute of their life without messing around on their little cellular playtoy!

I can’t believe we only have Puppies on a Roll with all those other great variations! I shall write to Andrex immediately.
    I must admit I’m anxious driving when my phone is off because I’m convinced I’ll have an accident and fall unconcious and my car won’t be able to phone an ambulance for me. I’ve been ruined by technology!

• Something tells me this was never a concern for Magellan…. oh wait, Magellan died on his voyage. If only he’d had a cellphone!

I want pictures when they come out with Possums on a Roll!

14. Pingback: Cartoon Craziness Challenge – Happiness | The Indecisive Eejit

15. Pingback: Cartoon Craziness Challenge – Week 6 | The Indecisive Eejit

16. And the moral of the story – always put the loo seat down!!