I’m not the biggest fan of blogger awards, because frankly they remind me of two of the worst things people spread to each other…. chain letters and those diseases that require penicillin. I generally thank the recipient, since I am grateful to be recognized, and sometimes I will even give that award a mention in a post. But I usually decline going through the whole rigamarole that accompanies these virtual badges….
Then yesterday, my partner in laughter and childhood memories Merbear received The Dragon’s Loyalty Award, and chose only her longest and loyalest followers to pass it on to. As intrigued as I was at the artwork of this award, I also couldn’t pass up the sentiment. And thus, I will make an official acceptance post for this award!
Thank you Merby for thinking of me as one of your loyalest friends! And now, here are 7 more random facts about me from off the top of my head….
1. My favorite number is 13. I mentioned this is a post a year ago, but I doubt most of you saw it, so there! You learned something about me!
2. I eat chicken 6 days a week. Sometimes 7.
3. Despite my affection for fried foods, my cholesterol is in the good range.
4. I have never seen the ocean before, but I’ve been to two Great Lakes.
5. The candidate I’ve rooted for (as if I really care anyway) in every Presidential election since I first became aware of elections in 1984 has lost. That’s 0-8 for those keeping score at home.
6. I will not venture outside if I even think there might be lightning. It’s my one true phobia.
7. When I was in college, a homeless man once offered to sell me some tampons while I was walking to campus.
I decided to follow Merby’s lead for an award like this, and only serve it up to my longest and most loyal followers. Sadly, so many of the bloggers I’ve considered my “original gang” have either hung up their blog, or haven’t been around much lately. Still, I’d like to bestow the Dragon’s Loyalty Award on the following bloggers:
My Aussie Aunt Sharon at Gentlestitches, who literally has been my longest and most loyal supporter!
Leila at Pissed Off in Paradise, who needs a new ‘puter more than a shiny new award.
My best frenemy Sparky Spitfire
Spineless Wonders, whose author is about to get hitched!
Fransi’s Three Hundred Sixty Five Blog, always a great source of inspiration!
Squirrel Picnic, home of the cutest little creations I have ever seen!
We’ll make it an even ten with Becca’s Lady or Not Blog, always good for a laugh!
And in the hopes that’s he’s still out there and doing OK, even though he hasn’t updated his blog in almost four weeks…. one of my favorite people of the original gang, The Pensive Squirrel.