38 Special

Awwww, you shouldn't have!

Awwww, you shouldn’t have!

It doesn’t take much to please a squirrel, as evidenced by the fine, furry fellow above who seems absolutely tickled for no other reason than somebody left an ear of corn out for him to snack on.  He seems to be sqturday squirrel logopondering over whatever he could have done to deserve such a lovely treat.  Is it because he’s been well behaved and hasn’t chewed on any power lines lately?  Or perhaps this scrumptious little snack is merely a token of appreciation for how cute he is.  Heck, maybe he even thinks it must be his birthday!  Of course, there’s nothing terribly fun and exciting about getting a year older… and I should know, since this afternoon I officially get a year older.  Nobody has left out an ear of corn for me to chew on this morning, but that’s OK.  The gift, as always, is for my blog’s readers… and it is today’s adorable entry in my Saturday Squirrel series.  Starting your day off with a picture of a happy squirrel is a surefire way to ensure you have a happy day, regardless of whether it’s the anniversary of your birth or not….

Have a great weekend, and yes, you may have a slice of cake….

.It might have a slight possum taste to it, though....

.It might have a slight possum taste to it, though….

This entry was posted in Saturday Squirrel and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to 38 Special

1. Happy birthday to the evilest squirrel I know!

2. oh, ES! a Birfday! why you don’t look a day over three months (which is 38 in squirrel years..) Good thing I got you a present. it’s right here in this little box. why don’t you climb inside and take a looksie?! c’mon – you know you want to…hey! come back here! #*@&! oh well…HBD!

• Oh, it’s alright Sparky! I firmly believe that it’s always the thought that counts! That you think you could ever outsmart this wily squirrel is what makes you so cute! Thanks for the birfday wishes!

3. Happy Birthday Mr Evil Squirrel! I shall dispatch another suitcase of money to you posthaste!

4. fransiweinstein says:

Happy Birthday! Hope it’s a great one.

Happy birthday you old fart!!

6. C.K. Hope says:

Now, if I didn’t have kids screaming “Mommy, mommy, mommy!” and keeping me from my ‘puter I could have said Happy Birthday!!! on the correct day 😉

An ear of corn hung on a tree – why didn’t *I* think about that?! I need to do that to keep Journalist Rocky the Squirrel and his growing family from continuing knocking on the back door asking for a cup of nuts. XOXO – Bacon

• Yes, it just isn’t right to have squirrels come to your door begging for acorns. I think next time your Mom and Bashful go to the Wally World, they should check out the birdseed aisle and check out the wonderful squirrel feeding section they have! You will have hours and hours of fun watching Rocky and his pals gobble up every little niblet!

• PigLove says:

Hey that sounds like a pigawesome idea. I’m going to write that on mom’s list for Wally World. AND I’ll tell Bashful so he can remind her when they go again. Hopefully, they will stop begging for nuts and keep his paws on the nuts of the world instead. XOXO – Bacon

8. vengeance4 says:

Happy really super late birthday!!!!! 21 is a great age to be!!!!! 😉

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )