Look at me, I’m at The Nest!

Hello there, squirrel lovers!

I’d like to start off by announcing that I am the first blogger to ever have a guest post here at The Nest. Because of this honor, I implore you, ES, to make a badge for me.

Please?

I wasn’t sure what to write about, actually. Should I do a retro ad?

Naw, too predictable.

Write a poem about squirrels?

Yawn. Boring.

Then it dawned on me. I could draw ES a picture!

This is a blog dedicated to the art of drawing awesome things, like Rainbow Donkey and that adorable, handsome critter himself, Evil Squirrel.

Did someone just say ass-kisser?

merby-slap

There, that’s more like it.

I downloaded a drawing app on my Kindle. Then I set to the task at hand.

mydrawing

There’s ES, by the tree. I’m in one of those hot-air balloons, waving down at him. The owl in the tree tells stories, while the bee sucks at the flowers, and the bunny…well, he just hangs out.

What?

Yeah, I know. I can’t draw for shit. And my tree looks like a big….oh look, grapes!

grapes

“Grapes.” by Merbear

I hope you like your drawings, ES. I enjoyed drawing them for you.

You may all commence laughing…..now.

About Mer O'Leary

Merry O’Leary prefers to be called Mer. She lives in Northeastern Ohio, born and raised there. She’s a seasoned blogger (seasoned with what, you ask? Probably garlic and dill weed.) The Top Five Things That You Should Know About her: she’s an empath, which is a curse and a superpower, it just depends on the day. She has a plethora of mental health conditions, which she’s semi-lovingly nicknamed “Brain Cooties.” She has fibromyalgia and besides her mental health issues, it’s the bane of her existence. She is a suicide survivor and not afraid to discuss it openly and honestly. If it wasn’t for her sense of humor, her faith in God, and her adult daughter, she seriously believes that she would no longer be here. Much of her writing is full of dark humor, sarcasm, and sadness, with an occasional cute photo of her dog Maya and grand-cat, Rico
This entry was posted in Artwork, Squirrel Droppings and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Look at me, I’m at The Nest!

Reblogged this on Knocked over by a feather and commented:

I’m at The Nest today!

Totes adorbs. 🙂

Oh dear piggies – that is too funny! That tree – OMP (oh my pig!) Daddy is still pointing and laughing. LOVE IT! XOXO – Bacon

4. Hey, ES looks like he is realllly happy about that tree – oh wait, that’s his foot. I hope. Love your drawings – tre cute.

5. Twindaddy says:

Do you think he likes the big penis you drew for him? And why is he sniffing the sack?

6. markbialczak says:

Awesome ring tone. Awesome ring tone.

Mer: Yeah?

Voice: This is the museum of squirrel art calling …

Good job as a guest, Mer. Good picking of the first guest, ESN.

• merbear74 says:

Thanks, Mark….I plan on sharing some more of my “art” over on my blog, now that I have an app for that.

7. Hey, I love it! I inspired someone to draw art, and that makes me happy! And don’t worry about the Freudian things TD sees in it…. prevertedness and art go hand in hand here at The Nest!

Thanks for the time, effort, and of course, the love you put into this Merby! I will come up with a nifty badge for you when time allows….

• merbear74 says:

Aw, totally cool! I am so happy that you are happy. 🙂 TD is just jealous, because all I did was make him a creepy, drunk kangaroo meme.
      I am very glad that you and I found each other here on WordPress, ES. Muah! xo

8. I was just reminded by the related posts that came up with this that today is Evil Squirrel’s sixth birthday! He says your artwork is even better than the party he had at Chuck E. Cheese’s last year when Buster drowned in the ball pit….

9. C.K. Hope says:

That was awesome, Merry! I’m glad you decided to do art instead of a retro ad! 🙂

10. Fantastic! Good choice of theme. 🙂

11. The Cutter says:

Evil squirrel doesn’t look quite so evil in your version

12. I love it Merbear. You are so talented. I love the sun and the tree and the bee that sucks the flowers and the bunny. 😀

13. djmatticus says:

Stifling my laughter because work. 😀
    Awesome pics, Merry.

14. Love it, Mer. Although for preference, I think most people prefer their grapes to be fermented – or maybe that’s just me? 😉

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )