Evil Squirrel’s Nest Comic #56 — 5/23/13

Posting this early this week since I’ll be on the road for a couple days starting tomorrow.  I’ll make sure I have my Flashback Friday ready to go before shoving off in the AM, and Saturday’s squirrel post will probably be delayed until the afternoon.  Just a heads up for those who have come to rely on my weekly garbage features here!

And thanks to everyone who made my send up to Kool Aid Man one of my most liked and commented on posts ever on my blog!!!  As usual, I wasn’t sure the result was all that hot, but who am I to judge what people like?  Special thanks as well to Merby for the reblog, Juliette for the pingback, and Experienced Tutors, jrosenberry, & jennsmidlifecrisis for the awards they bestowed on me this week! (Hope I didn’t miss anyone!)

This entry was posted in Comics and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Evil Squirrel’s Nest Comic #56 — 5/23/13

1. HaHa this is funny ‘cos it’s true! It is compulsory for my 12 year old to take an ipad into class every day connected to wifi (internet) and then the teachers complain the kids play games and message in class. They are 12! What did they expect? Love the bling and youtube video.

You are quite welcome, it was a brilliant post ES. Oh yeah!! x

3. fransiweinstein says:

Know the feeling. What with fB, twitter, linkedin and blogging there is hardly any time for work. Enjoy your time off!

• Thanks!

BTW, I was reading an article in the USA Today delivered to my room this morning, and was surprised to see that the US is the only first world nation that does not require employers to give paid vacation time! Since I’m obviously used to the US model, I didn’t realize other countries did this! Luckily, I get plenty of that anyway…. currently enjoying 5 of the 20 vacation days I’ll get this year! 🙂

• fransiweinstein says:

That’s interesting. I think employers in Canada have to. It’s odd they don’t have to in the US. All the more reason to enjoy yours, then.

• Yes, it says Canada requires employees be given 10 days. I didn’t get any when I first started, and a lot of places are like that now, where you have to accumulate a certain amount of service time before you become eligible for vacation pay.

• fransiweinstein says:

Wow! That’s not good. Here people take their vacations very seriously. It is not uncommon for prospective employees ask for three and four weeks of paid vacation when applying for jobs. And they very often get it.

4. The Cutter says:

Yeah, I’ve found I can do many things at one time, as long as one of them isn’t what I’m being paid to do.

• I used to think my line of work was immune from the curse of internet slacking, but the advancement of cellphones has obviously changed that. Even my manager spends more time texting and playing games on his phone than he does actually doing his job…

5. pishnguyen says:

Great comic! I’m “multi-tasking” right now: watching the original Star Trek and reading WordPress. Woo Hoo!! 😀

Hope you have a good and safe trip!

• I’ve seen quite a few interesting things so far, so I’ll probably have to do a special post when I get home! All’s well so far…. enjoy your multi-slacking! 😉

6. It’s funny, cuz it’s true. Thanks for reminding me to get back to work. 🙂

Have a great trip!

7. dogfordavid says:

great comic

Have fun on your trip 🙂

Congratulations on the shares and awards 🙂

I always multi task. I guess it helps having four paws, right? I sit on the sofa with mom getting snuggles while watching television while surfing the net and updating my blog posts. See, I’m a multi-talented oinker 🙂 snort chuckles. Have a safe trip my friend. XOXO – Bacon

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )