Evil Squirrel’s Nest Comic #98 — 3/13/14

Image | This entry was posted in Comics and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Evil Squirrel’s Nest Comic #98 — 3/13/14

Love it!

I like seeing the old ads, where doctors recommended certain brands of cigarettes.

• There is at least one TZ episode (I think it may be “Eye of the Beholder” where the doctor lights up right there in the hospital! Amazing how much our views on smoking have changed in just a few decades…

• NotAPunkRocker says:

Yes, I think you are right, because he is conflicted about sending the patient among the disfigured.

2. pishnguyen says:

Ha, ha!! Now that’s called: “Turnabout is fair play.” 😀

Um, I’ll just buy some Tucks.

4. C.K. Hope says:

Ha! I need to show this one to my Grandmother LOL!

Excellent. As a smoker I can’t believe we used to smoke inside public buildings, restaurants in particular. There just really isn’t enough ventilation to clear that shit out of an enclosed space.

• I used to be a regular at Bingo (Yes, even though I am not a little old lady), and I never thought all the secondhand smoke bothered me…. until IL passed the no smoking law in 2008. The difference was mind boggling. I don’t think I could tolerate a smoke filled room anymore…

OMP (Oh my piggy)! Too funny – talk about ‘grandfathering in’. Snorts. XOXO – Bacon

Oops, that’ll teach him!
    “Weyoun” – sounds a bit Star Trek DS9 🙂

• I believe that is where it came from… the doctor character in my comics is based on a character I drew for a med student on my message board who went by the monicker “Weyoun”…

8. “Leeches. I hate leeches.” Charlie, “The African Queen.”
    I like the sentiment and the punchline!

9. Blue62 says:

Interestingly enough, they still used leeches- the bite pumps blood thinners into the patient and helps get rid of tainted blood. Medical maggots are used to remove dead tissue sometimes and last I checked, occasionally deep wounds are packed in sugar- which dates back to the Egyptians. And they just might still let a little blood out, to release pressure from internal bleeding 😉

Mind you, they better make sure I’m *well* out of it if any of that crap needs to happen….like don’t wake me up till it’s over.

10. How times have changed! Nurses and other medical staff actually used to smoke while they wrote their reports and had meetings. I actually love the idea that smoking is now about as fashionable as leeches. Ha!

• Yes! My state is even passing a law that will make it illegal to smoke in a car with a child inside. Pretty soon, anyone who wants to fill the air with nasty smoke will have to step at least 15 feet outside of the country!

11. youngatfifty says:

My own BIL (doc now retired) was a chain smoker in his heydays although he quit when he was 50 🙂 Leeches ….eikes !!