Beatlemania

angel01

Angel:  Whatcha doin’, ES?

es01

ES:  I’m trying to think of an idea for Flashback Friday.  I was too busy the last few weeks to write a Flashback post, but now I have the time and I’m totally stumped on a subject!

angel02

Angel:  Why don’t you create an entry in Merby’s Beatles contest she’s running on her blog?  The Beatles are certainly a Flashback topic… and besides… that girl thinks the world of you and yet you constantly treat her like sh…..

es02

ES:  Oh, come now, Angel!  Smartassiness is part of my evil squirrelish charm!  At least, I think it is anyway.  OK, I guess since I have nothing else to blog about today, I’ll go ahead and give this contest a shot.  Let me fire up MS Paint, first.  OK, what were the songs we had to choose from again?

Angel:  “All My Loving”…

ES:  Heh, heh!  That one’s easy!

allmyloving

es03

ES:  Damn!  I’ll bet Twindaddy isn’t a better kisser than I am!  I have SO got this contest won now!!!

angel03

Angel:  BLECH!!!  You are NOT submitting a drawing of you getting fresh with me, you nasty squirrel!  You better try another song!  The next one is “Day Tripper”…

es04

ES:  Huh!?!?  What in the hell is a “day tripper?”  Is that some kind of a drug reference?

daytripper

angel04

Angel:  Ummm, I don’t think so.  Drug references are not appropriate on a family blog!  Maybe you should try “Helter Skelter” instead.

es05

ES:  OK, I’ll give that a go…. um, wait a minute!!!  That was a Beatles song!?!?  I thought Helter Skelter was only associated with…. well….

helterskelter

angel05

Angel:  OMG!!!!  That’s horrific!!!!  You don’t expect to win this contest with terrible drawings like that, do you!?!?

es06

ES:  Eh, maybe it is a tad too graphic.  What’s the next song, Angel Baby?

angel06

Angel:  It’s “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”…. and don’t you even think of…..

maxwellssilverhammer

es07

ES:  Too late, my dear!  CLANG! CLANG!

angel07

Angel:  I guess I can forget about you winning any prizes for me…. the last song on the list is “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds!”  That song was inspired by a child’s drawing, for crying out loud!  Do you think you could possibly come up with something to enter in the contest that’s actually G-rated for this song!?!?

lucyinthesky

angel08

Angel:  That’s awesome, ES!!!!  That’s your winner right there!!!  Send that cute little drawing in to Merby!

es08

ES:  Nah… that’s way too wussified!  None of these songs are going to work for me!  I’m just going to have to go rogue and think outside the box… find something that’s a bit more in my wheelhouse…. yes, I think this will do for my entry!

rockyraccoon

angelandes

Angel:  I hope Merby slaps the living shit out of you, ES….

This entry was posted in Artwork and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Beatlemania

Don’t tell DJ, but now I hope you win 🙂

2. Oh you HAVE to win! Each picture is stand alone amazing!!! 🙂
    I loved them all. Rocky is great but so is Lucy and Helter Skelter just to name those 3.

Well I guess that settles it – there is absolutely no reason for me to even try. 😉

Just amazing!
    I thought when I read Mer’s list of songs, it’s amazing how many can associated with drugs 🙂

5. Twindaddy says:

Hey! I’m a damned good kisser!

oh.dear.piggy. evil snorts and laughter. This is great! XOXO – Bacon

7. I like Silver Hammer. It could be just like an episode of Criminal Minds, but in cartoons. Maxwell as a serial killer, or is that cereal killer? Will kill for cheerios??

8. djmatticus says:

Thought all the entries were great!
    But… I’m still going to win.
    So, neener neener.

9. grandmalin says:

This is brilliant! You’d get my vote if we were supposed to vote. I think we should get to vote….

Wow, ES…this has made me smile, and laugh and then go awww…all in one post! Your skills amaze me, my friend!

11. The Cutter says:

I have yet to read about the contest, but this is definitely a worthy winner.

12. reocochran says:

You know that I had a middle school teacher who decided to use the Beatles’ hit list as a way to measure how ‘stoned’ they were! I truly am not making this up! I could see this possibly with Lucy song, Yellow Submarine and Magical Mystery Tour. But I was most upset when he said “Let It Be” was referring to drugs. Anytime I hear songs that he ‘criticized,’ it makes me mad and I wish I had talked out back then, or ‘told my Mom and Dad on him!’ Smiles, Robin

• One thing I noticed while researching a few of these songs was how Paul was often quoted in recent interviews as saying practically all of their later songs were about drugs… and I can’t help but think he was doing it entirely tongue in cheek because of the way so many people were ripping their songs apart piece by piece trying to work drug references in there somehow. People are going to hear what they hear in songs… after all, they are like works of art. Their beauty is all in the eye of the beholder….

13. Pingback: Drum roll, Ringo! | Knocked over by a feather

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )